Cluster Embellishing: Master the Layered Look on Your Scrapbook Pages
Taught by Nic Howard
Do you look at beautifully embellished projects and wonder how you can arrange your embellishments to look the same? Do you sit for hours moving products around your pages wishing that you knew the secrets to arranging them in a visually effective way? Do you have more embellishments than ideas? Then this class is designed for you!
Join Nic as she breaks down the process of embellishing your page easily and effectively. Clusters of embellishments, the kind that make you go back to look at the detail of a layout again and again, are the goal in this class! Numerous examples and sketches, big tips and suggestions will set you along your way. You’ll learn, through step-by-step instruction, how easy it is to create something visually effective and learn techniques to help you create similar beautiful clusters of embellishments time and again.
Cluster Embellishing includes:
- Supply list with live links to product resources
- Welcome message from Nic in the classroom
- Welcome audio message, available as streaming audio, downloadable MP3 file and transcript
- Learn It! handout—a colorful instructional handout with numerous examples, sketches, and lessons on embellishing
- Build It! handout—including easy to follow step-by-step instructions to create a 12” x 12” layout. Also included is a sketch to turn this layout into a two-page layout and extra example layouts using the step-by-step instructions, created by others!
- Video presentation showing Nic creating one of her layouts from start to finish!
- Private posting gallery to share your layouts with fellow students
To prepare for Nic’s class, please gather the following:
- patterned paper
- alphabet chipboard or alphabet stickers
- a variety of embellishments (examples include decorative rub-ons, die cuts, chipboard items, pearls, gems, flowers, transparencies and brads)
- white paint
- color mists such as Glimmer Mist (optional)
- Pop Dots or dimensional foam
- corrugated cardboard
- Instant access
- Private online classroom
- PDF handouts
- Student gallery
A "Self-Paced Workshop" allows you to create and be inspired on your own timetable. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses offer a complete learning experience inside a private online classroom. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your work to the private classroom gallery.
Self-Paced Workshops do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!
About Nic Howard
Well known for her layered, detailed and dimensional layouts, Nic has been featured in various magazines and books and has worked for several manufacturers in the scrapbooking industry. Nic has always been passionate about keeping scrapbooking real. Her layouts are often admired for their textural design and the way she captures the quirky and humorous sides of life.