Cooking Up Cards
Cooking Up Cards: Four Fun Recipes for Greeting Cards
Taught by Kim Kesti and Friends
Interested in card making, but don’t know where to begin? What if four experts in the field gave you their very own "recipes for success?" Our card chefs are ready to provide the dash of inspiration you’ve been waiting for, and we’re betting you already have all of the ingredients you need: some paper, a few embellishments and a pinch of glue.
In Cooking Up Cards! you will not only get a great introduction to card making, you’ll also meet expert chefs Allison Landy, Betsy Veldman, Kim Kesti and Teri Anderson. Each chef brings something different to the table, and will share with you their own unique Signature Dish, including step-by-step instructions. Then, watch the magic happen as they "swap recipes" and each creates three new cards. That’s a total of twelve additional cards to fill your plate with inspiration.
This class will not only motivate and teach you, it might just be the beginning of a whole new adventure. You’ll have access to our downloadable chef’s recipes (card sketches), as well as a recipe swap, where you'll see three additional versions of each card. Wondering where to store your sketch recipe cards? As an added bonus, there are instructions for creating four different recipe boxes, decorated in each chef's own style. Trade recipes with your friends, and soon you’ll have your own file bursting with inspiration. You won’t even gain an ounce!
Cooking Up Cards includes:
- Supply list with live links to product resources
- Welcome note from Allison, Betsy, Kim and Teri in the classroom
- Video messages from each card chef
- Colorful instructional handouts with step-by-step instructions for four cards
- Recipe Swap handouts with three additional versions of each card
- Printable recipe cards for each card's instructions
- Bonus handout with four ideas for creating a recipe box
- Card Kitchen Gallery to share photos of your work
To prepare for Cooking Up Cards!, please gather the following:
- a basic tool kit
- corner rounder
- heat embossing tool
- black ink
- embossing ink and red embossing powder
- sentiment stamps, (birthday and/or all occasion)
- solid cardstock, (white, tan, grey – really, any color)
- assorted patterned paper scraps
- twine, buttons, brads, gems & stickers
Note: One of the joys of card making is the ability to use what you already have! Pull out a favorite embellishment, mix in a few buttons or brads. You can create a beautiful card by using products from your very own stash.
- Instant access
- Private online classroom
- PDF handouts
- Printable recipe cards
- Student gallery
A "How-To Project" is a step-by-step eCourse that you can complete at your own pace. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses take the guesswork out of planning and completing a creative project. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your finished project to the private gallery included in the online classroom.
How-To Projects do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!