i.Scrap: An 8" x 8" Scrapbooking Introspective with Stacy Julian
Taught by Stacy Julian
Stacy Julian's popular workshop is now available in a self-paced format! This "How-To Project" will give you the tools and the inspiration to document your life in a reflective and rewarding way. You will create a totally unique 8" x 8" album all about you!
Psychologists love "I" statements. This is because when you start a sentence with "I believe," "I feel," or "I am," you can learn to own your thoughts, your feelings, and ultimately your story.
Scrapbookers love photographs. This is because pictures are worth thousands of words. Your pictures colorfully capture all of the people, places, and things that you love, experience, and learn about from day to day.
So, what happens when you pair nine "I" statements with nine photos from the past? You unleash the powerful psychology wrapped up in scrapbooking! Your memories will resurface in a remarkable way to illustrate how your thoughts and feelings contribute to your current perspective, shaping the unfolding story of your life.
intro-spec-tion [in-truh-spek-shuhn] noun: the examination or observation
of one's own mental and emotional processes
- Supply list with links to product resources
- Welcome note and welcome video from Stacy
- Two audio messages from Stacy
- Goodbye video from Stacy
- Four colorful pdf handouts with step-by-step instructions
- Slide presentation with instruction on journaling
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of classmates
- Instant access
- Private online classroom
- Audio messages
- PDF handouts
- Slide presentation
- Student gallery
To prepare for Stacy's class, please gather the following supplies for a 8" x 8" album:
- basic tool kit (paper trimmer, adhesives, rulers, etc.)
- any 8” x 8” 3-ring or post-bound album (in any color) with 10 page protectors
- one large journaling stamp (grid, lines, etc.)
Note: dimension of the stamped journaling area should be approximately 4 1/2” x 5 1/2”
- one set of small alphabet stamps (approximately 1/2” to 1” in height)
- black StazOn inkpad
- 10 sheets of white 8” x 8” cardstock (smooth texture)
- one sheet of clear transparency (8 1/2” x 11” or 12” x 12”)
- one sheet of 12” x 12” textured cardstock in your happiest color
A "How-To Project" is a step-by-step eCourse that you can complete at your own pace. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses take the guesswork out of planning and completing a creative project. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your finished project to the private gallery included in the online classroom.
How-To Projects do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing email@example.com. Enjoy!