Kidding Around: Spring Break
Kidding Around: Spring Break: A Self-Paced Art Journaling Adventure for Kids
Taught by Tami Morrison
Looking for an inexpensive way to keep the kids busy over spring break? We're excited to introduce the first ever spring edition of Tami Morrison's popular Kidding Around art-journaling workshop! Spring break entertainment has never been so simple. This self-paced class features seven fresh daily prompts that are full of fun and imagination for your creative kiddo.
Kidding Around: Spring Break is an exercise in writing, observation, and creative expression, cleverly disguised as a playful keepsake your kids will want to create. And best of all, because it's self-paced, it starts whenever YOUR spring break begins.
Tami brings her unique brand of kid-friendly pizzazz to this class, along with a child-development degree, 15 years of teaching experience, and 26 years of "mommying." All of that adds up to plenty of tried-and-true ideas to keep kids occupied and amused!
Kidding Around: Spring Break includes:
- A welcome note from Tami
- An audio message available as streaming audio, downloadable MP3 file and transcript
- Colorful handout with step-by-step instructions for making a simple spring break journal
- Seven daily assignments that you can tailor to your own spring break timeframe
- Downloadable PDF templates to use in your journal
- Supply list with live links to product resources
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates
- Email access to Tami
Supplies to make your journal:
• four sheets of 9” x 12” thick paper, plus one sheet of 9” x 12” chipboard*
• heavy-duty hole punch, such as a Crop-a-Dile or eyelet punch and hammer
• two 1-inch book rings (available at office supply stores)
*Tami purchased a 9x12 pad of watercolor paper at her local craft store, pulled out four sheets, and used the backing for her chipboard…but you can use any type of chipboard and heavyweight paper that you have on hand.
Supplies for daily activities:
• basic art supplies: markers, colored pencils, crayons, watercolors & paintbrush, glue stick, white glue (or Mod Podge)
• journaling pen
• colorful paper scraps
• Other fun, optional supplies for embellishing the journal: acrylic paints, patterned paper, alphabet stickers, watercolor crayons, chalk pencils, glitter glue, decorative scissors, tags, ribbon, decorative tape, stickers, paper clips, or any other odds and ends that you can come up with
- Instant access
- Private online classroom
- Audio message
- PDF handout
- Student gallery
A "Self-Paced Workshop" allows you to create and be inspired on your own timetable. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses offer a complete learning experience inside a private online classroom. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your work to the private classroom gallery.
Self-Paced Workshops do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!