Play! at Home
Play! at Home: Learn to Have More FUN with Help from 7 Top Teachers
Taught by Stacy Julian and Friends
Clear your calendar, ignore your to-do list, and slip on your silliest socks. You deserve a brief escape from the pressures of your daily life—into the world of Play!
Join us inside this special online classroom, where seven of our top teachers will inject a playful spirit into your photography, your storytelling, your scrapbook-page designs, and your life in general. We recorded 9 hours of inspiration and instruction at our live Play! event in Anaheim, California this January. And now it's all available to you.
This series of seven inspiring classes—with accompanying bonus videos, handouts, and downloads—will fill you to the brim with enough fun and frivolity to make 2014 your most playful year yet.
WHAT TO EXPECT: Log in to our private online classroom and watch any of the live recordings in whatever order you want, as many times as you want! There's a 3-hour Product Playground, where Angie Lucas and Wendy Smedley interview our favorite manufacturers as they present their latest product lines and featured projects fresh from the Craft & Hobby Association winter tradeshow. You'll also have access to the live recordings and all of the supporting videos, downloads, and handouts from our seven incredible instructors. They will educate and inspire you. They'll make you laugh. They may even make you cry.
Keynote address from Stacy Julian, recorded live in Anaheim. See for yourself why Stacy is such a sought-after inspirational speaker to audiences worldwide!
Keynote + class from Ali Edwards. Watch her inspirational keynote message and follow her lead to create a Project Life mini album that’s your year-long resource for playful storytelling.
Keynote + class from Tracey Clark. Enjoy her breathtaking slideshow, watch her live-broadcast presentation on "playful photography," and then complete a fun photo scavenger hunt.
Class from Heidi Swapp. Watch Heidi's inspirational keynote address that had our live and online audiences in tears, and learn about her latest product line.
Class from May Flaum. Learn playful techniques demonstrated by May live in Anaheim and create the ultimate playful page with help from May's downloadable how-to handout.
Class from Elise Blaha Cripe. Learn to carve your own rubber stamp, and then use it to make a personalized set of notecards.
Class from Tammy Tutterow. Explore your artistic side with a fabulously fun mixed-media project.
Watch as Angie Lucas and Wendy Smedley interview our favorite manufacturers as they show off their latest products from the CHA tradeshow.
Complete supply lists and downloadable project worksheets for each project class.
Interaction with hundreds of fellow students via the private message board and gallery.
Purchasing supplies for the classes at Play! is entirely optional. In fact, you may want to simply watch the live broadcast the day of the event, then purchase the supplies for the projects you'd like to complete after the classes are through.
- paper trimmer.
- your favorite liquid adhesive.
- your favorite tape runner adhesive.
- American Crafts .03 Precision pen.
- large paper plates (for squirting and rolling paint).
- package of baby wipes (or similar) to clean paint off the stamps.
Tammy's Supply List:
- 6" x 8" artist canvas panel.
- Ranger foam blending tool. (NOTE: also on May's supply list)
- Ranger ink blending foam refills.
- Ranger Distress inkpads by Tim Holtz (Vintage Photo, Broken China, Scattered Straw).
- Tim Holtz layering stencils, Rays.
- Tim Holtz layering stencils, Stars.
- Tim Holtz Crinkle ribbon.
- adhesive foam squares.
- plain cardstock.
- "We Don't Stop" Stampers Anonymous stamp.
Here's the wood mounted version.
Here's a cling version.
May's Supply List:
- The Crafters Workshop stencil (6") TCW345S "Mini Confetti"
- Basic Grey, Fresh Cut Waterfall Theme Pack.
- 1 sheet Basic Grey, Fresh Cut, Sweet Pea Square paper.
- 1 sheet Basic Grey, Fresh Cut, Violet Garden paper.
- 1 sheet Basic Grey, Fresh Cut, Gardenia Row paper.
Please note: The "Fresh Cut" line of supplies were not available at the time of class creation.
You can view the Basic Grey Fresh Cut line here.
- Basic Grey, Brass Stars Metal Studs.
- 1 sheet 12" Bazzill Basics cardstock, Straw.
- American Crafts, Maggie Holmes Signature Thickers Alpha Stickers by Crate Paper.
- Doodlebug Cake & Ice Cream Boutique buttons.
- 3 Manila tags.
- 4" doilie.
- Ranger, Tim Holtz Distress inkpad, Mowed Lawn.
- Ranger foam blending tool. (NOTE: also on Tammy's supply list)
Elise's Supply List:
- 1 Speedball Speedy Carve Stamp Making Kit.
- 1 Speedball Deluxe 2" soft rubber brayer.
- A2 cards and envelopes.
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Antique Linen. (NOTE: also on Ali's supply list)
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Victorian Velvet. (NOTE: also on Ali's supply list)
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Tarnished Brass. (NOTE: also on Ali's supply list)
- bone folder. (NOTE: if you buy pre-folded cards, you won't need a bone folder.)
Ali's Supply List:
- Mini Project Life Album, Sunflower.
- Amy Tan's Cut and Paste Mini Project Life Kit.
- blank 3" x 4" cards.
- blank 4" x 6" cards.
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Antique Linen. (NOTE: also on Elise's supply list)
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Victorian Velvet. (NOTE: also on Elise's supply list)
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint, Tarnished Brass. (NOTE: also on Elise's supply list)
- Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray ink, Gold Lame.
- Studio Calico Mister Huey's, Pretty Pink.
- American Crafts Metallic Marker, Gold.
- Kelly Purkey chevron stencil.
- Kelly Purkey circle stencils.
- 1 pack of bubbles.
- 1 pack of food coloring (the little box with 4 small bottles-red, blue, yellow, and green).
- 1 pack of colored pencils.
You might notice that Stacy, Heidi and Tracey don't have supply lists. Stacy's class will have a simple, creative exercise…more details to come! Heidi will be unveiling a fabulously fun new product during her class, and this is your chance to see and hear all about it! Once the class is over, you'll have the opportunity to make a purchase! For Tracey's class, all you need is your camera! Whether it's a cell phone, mobile device, manual or point-and-shoot camera, in Tracey's class we'll capture playful images with a hands-on, non-technical approach to photography.
A "Self-Paced Workshop" allows you to create and be inspired on your own timetable. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses offer a complete learning experience inside a private online classroom. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your work to the private classroom gallery.
Self-Paced Workshops do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!