The Ties That Bind
The Ties That Bind: Five Ways to Scrapbook Your Most Important Relationships
Taught by Stephanie Howell
Learn to identify and treasure the relationships in your life, both big and small, while creating authentic and meaningful scrapbook layouts in five vital relationship categories. Above all, learn to share a little piece of your heart on every page you make.
Stephanie Howell—a popular blogger, devoted Army wife, and busy mother of four young daughters (including twins)—welcomes you into her inspiring world in The Ties That Bind, her very first online class.
As you connect with Stephanie's stories, you'll discover the importance of sharing pieces of yourself as you honor the people and ideals that have made you who you are. In this class, you'll create the kinds of pages that you and your family will treasure all your lives.
A Note from Stephanie: As I've gotten older and wiser, I've discovered that what I love most about scrapbooking is the chance I have to document the deep connections in my life—the ties that bind. Once I recognized and embraced this, scrapbooking really and truly became a joy to me again. It's not about using certain products or following certain trends. It's about telling my children who I am and what I love most about them, their father, and my friends. It's about sharing my deepest feelings and beliefs, because the relationship I have with myself is important, too.
Join Stephanie in an open and supportive atmosphere where you can learn from her approachable scrapbooking style, her ability to create quick layouts that are full of story, and her willingness to open her heart.
|Want to know more? Listen to Stephanie's audio message:|
- Welcome note from Stephanie in the classroom
- Supply list with live links to Stephanie's favorite supplies
- Colorful instructional handout with step-by-step instructions for five relationship layouts
- Bonus download featuring easy-to-follow sketches for all five layouts you'll make in class
- Narrated slideshow featuring 10 additional layouts—two for each relationship category
- Welcome note and audio message from Stephanie
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates
Within the classroom, each layout will have a detailed supply list. For this supply list, I am sharing some of my favorite things with all of you. These are supplies that are near and dear to my heart—I use them on almost every layout! Think of this list as a list of Stephanie’s Favorite Things!
Stephanie’s Favorite Things:
• paper trimmer
• adhesives (EZ Runner, Glue Dots, Martha Stewart glue pen)
• various 12” x 12” patterned papers. (My favorites are by My Mind’s Eye, Dear Lizzy, Glitz and Crate Paper)
• American Crafts Precision journaling pens
• doilies (craft supply, baking section at grocery)
• label stickers
• tags (I love shipping tags and kraft tags)
• sequins (circle and star)
• assortment of American Crafts Thickers and letter stickers
• chipboard elements (my favorite are the Crate Paper and My Mind’s Eye chipboard accents)
• ribbons (metallic and chevron)
• enamel dots
• phrase and shape stickers (I am loving ones from Dear Lizzy and Crate Paper)
• tiny word stickers
• washi tapes (Freckled Fawn)
• Kelly Purkey stamps
• StazOn ink
• roller date stamp
A "How-To Project" is a step-by-step eCourse that you can complete at your own pace. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses take the guesswork out of planning and completing a creative project. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your finished project to the private gallery included in the online classroom.
How-To Projects do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing email@example.com. Enjoy!