Two Views Album Project
Two Views Album Project:
Taught by Cathy Zielske
In Cathy Zielske's self-paced class, you will create an 8" x 8" album built around two perspectives--yours and someone else's. It could be a daughter or son, a sister, a best friend, a partner or a husband. Choose from 15 thoughtful prompts, ranging from "Who I am today" to "What I most admire in you" to "What are my dreams for the future" and begin to build a personal, meaningful album that celebrates the unique perspectives of two people.
Much More than a Simple Scrapbook of Photos...
This album project lets you explore topics that matter and share the experience with someone special in your life. It's really a chance to dig down, get personal, and make connections and discoveries about yourself and someone else.
Featuring Cathy's signature clean and simple design style, the album prompts are custom designed graphics that set the tone for the look and feel of this project. You choose the topics that you want to cover, the journaling fonts, the papers and of course, the photos to complete the album.
With simple, step-by-step instructions designed to let you use Word or Photoshop to complete the album, you will focus on capturing authentic answers to these thought-provoking prompts, and then create a 21-page (or more) finished album - one that combines the best of software and traditional scrapbooking products.
Note: Fully layered .PSD files and instruction are available for digital scrapbookers.
- Introduction to the class video from Cathy
- Step-by-step video instruction customized for users of both Word and Photoshop Elements
- Detailed, colorful PDF handouts with complete instruction for this album project
- 31 digital template files (both in Word and Photoshop Elements) featuring a title page and 15 spreads
- Customizable monograms, title circles and spine label .PSD files for Photoshop Elements users
- Printable PDF files for Word users (monograms, title circles and spine labels) in multiple color choices
- Supply list with live links to product resources
- Gallery for sharing your work
- Blog buttons
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Microsoft Word, Photoshop or Photoshop Elements software
• Adobe Acrobat (free program) to print some of the printable PDF elements
• 21 sheets of 8 1/2” x 11” cardstock (This is the minimum needed to make a 21-page album which includes a title page and 10 spreads. You can choose to make up to 15 album spreads. If so, you’ll need more cardstock.)
• Five additional sheets of white cardstock for printing album monograms, titles and spine labels
• 3–4 sheets of 12” x 12” coordinating patterned paper (two patterns recommended)
• 1 1/4” circle punch
• 2 1/2” circle punch
• One 8” x 8” album
• A minimum of 10 page protectors (Most albums come with 10. Purchase a second set to add more pages. This is optional.)
• Basic scrapbooking tools (paper trimmer, adhesives)
• Optional: dimensional adhesive
NOTE: digital scrapbookers will need digital papers to complete this album project.
A "How-To Project" is a step-by-step eCourse that you can complete at your own pace. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses take the guesswork out of planning and completing a creative project. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your finished project to the private gallery included in the online classroom.
How-To Projects do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!