Digi Scrap from Scratch
Digi Scrap from Scratch: Use Technology, Art, and Design to Create Digital Layouts in Photoshop Elements
Taught by Melissa Shanhun
Many different skills must come together before you can build a digital scrapbook layout. The first is a working knowledge of the most common software digital scrapbookers use. In Digi Scrap from Scratch, you'll not only learn the basics of how to use Photoshop Elements from Melissa Shanhun (of digitalscrapbookinghq.com), you'll also learn her top tips and tricks for creating digital layouts you'll love.
Through videos and downloadable handouts, Melissa will teach you to:
- Shop for and unzip digital supplies Understand file formats
- Use the Photoshop Elements workspace
- Understand the most-used Elements tools
- Start a layout from scratch
- Add supplies and embellishments to a layout in an eye-pleasing way
- Add shadows to elements on your layout
- Work with photos (black-and-white filters, adding frames, adjusting levels)
Beyond all the technical instruction, Melissa will share design principles that will take your layouts from "okay" to "wow"! Through a library of videos and written instruction, you'll learn how to create pages that you love—from scratch!—which you can share digitally, print, or include in a custom photo book.
*This class is great for beginner digital scrappers! Photoshop Elements is necessary. You can download a free version here.
Digi Scrap from Scratch includes:
- 16 instructional videos that share the basics of how to use Photoshop Elements, showing Melissa's screen as she walks you through creating your pages
- Colorful instructional handouts with step-by-step instructions for each lesson/project
- 6 downloadable digital scrapbooking kits and coupons from Melissa's favorite designers in a variety of styles
- Bonus printables
- Supply list with live links to product resources
- Welcome note from teacher in the classroom
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates
- Email access to Melissa for your Photoshop Elements questions
To prepare for Digi Scrap from Scratch, you will need:
• Photoshop Elements 11 or newer (you can get a 30-day trial from Adobe.com)
• Enthusiasm to learn something new!
- Instant access
- Private online classroom
- Instructional videos
- 6 digital product kits
- Bonus printables
- Student gallery
A "Self-Paced Workshop" allows you to create and be inspired on your own timetable. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses offer a complete learning experience inside a private online classroom. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your work to the private classroom gallery.
Self-Paced Workshops do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing email@example.com. Enjoy!