For the Love of Texture
For the Love of Texture: An Introduction to Digital Textures
Taught by Kim Klassen
Have you been seeing all the beautiful textured photos around the web? Have you been wondering how it’s done?
Perhaps you’ve tried to texturize but failed?
Maybe it looks too heavy, a little overdone, or maybe you can’t see the texture at all.
This class is designed to walk you through the digital texturing process.
In this self-paced class you will learn:
- where to find textures
- how to open textures in Photoshop CS and Elements
- how to apply the textures to your images
- how to use blend modes to enhance your textured images
- how to remove textures from certain areas of the image
Adding texture to your digital photos can be an incredibly artful process. It may even reignite your creative spark! This class will get you started on a very exciting "texturizing" journey.
For the Love of Texture includes:
- Welcome note from Kim in the classroom.
- Supply list with live links to product resources.
- Downloadable practice image files and a high-res texture package.
- An inspiring voice message available as streaming audio, downloadable MP3 file, and transcript.
- Four video screencast tutorials.
- Downloadable handout with step-by-step instructions on applying textures.
- Downloadable handout detailing blend modes.
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates.
To prepare for Kim’s class, you will need:
- Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements.
Note: Kim will be teaching in Elements 9 with reference to differences in Photoshop CS. You can follow along with earlier or later versions of Photoshop.
- High speed internet connection is also recommended as the lessons are presented through streaming video.
- A collection of your digital photos.
Please note: If you do not have Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS, you can download a free 30-day trial version from adobe.com.
- Instant access
- Private online classroom
- Audio message
- Screencast tutorials
- PDF handouts
- Student gallery
A "Self-Paced Workshop" allows you to create and be inspired on your own timetable. Comprised of video or audio files, PDF downloads, supply lists, and more, these eCourses offer a complete learning experience inside a private online classroom. This classroom will be available for access and download in your account until January 31, 2015.
Just follow the instructor's lead, add your own creativity and perspective, and then upload your work to the private classroom gallery.
Self-Paced Workshops do not include a message board to chat with fellow students or live interaction from the instructor. But you can always interact with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!